Thursday, February 23, 2006

Clerks II

Since 2004, I've been a Kevin Smith fan. The first View Askew film that I saw was Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, and from there I was hooked. Currently, Smith is tied with Quentin Tarantino as my favorite director and Clerks is tied with Pulp Fiction as my favorite film. In October 2004, I purchased the 10th Anniversary Edition DVD of Clerks (pictured to the left). In the booklet that came in the package was a letter from Smith himself, looking back on the making of the film. Closing the letter, he said the following. "And that's why I am going back. They say you can never go home again. Watch me. Clerks 2 in '05." And from there, the obsession began. On September 29, 2005, the Clerks II production site was launched. Every couple of days, they cranked out some new pictures, news reports, or my personal favorite -- production videos! For the past couple of months I've been downloading these things religiously and I often re-watch my favorites like The Good, the Bad and the Man, which documents what happened after a special screening of the flick for Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez. Now, all of this stuff was fantastic, but what happened next was the topper. On January 9, 2006, Smith released the first official Internet teaser trailer for Clerks II. If you're not yet convinced that Clerks 2 is going to be fantastic, go check it out. You'll be converted. As far as I know right now, it's set to be released in August (probably the 11th), and I recommend that everyone go see it multiple times! I know I will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home