Sunday, February 05, 2006

When a Stranger Calls *

When a Stranger Calls
Directed by Simon West. Starring Camilla Belle and Tommy Flanagan. Rated PG-13.

My eyes. How do I roll thee? Let me count the ways. Is it just me or are horror movies getting worse? Going into When a Stranger Calls, I wasn't expecting a whole lot, but what I got was much worse than I had ever envisioned. Young high school student Jill Johnson has just broken up with her boyfriend Bobby, and their constant over-the-phone rehashing of their relationship has led Jill to go over her cell phone limit...by 800 minutes! Grounded after her colossal overage, she is sent to babysit for a family to make the money for the phone bill. Alone in the house for hours, she begins to receive strange calls from an anonymous person. Is she just being prank-called, or is her life in danger? Quite honestly, this is the most mediocre attempt at horror since The Fog. Camilla Belle gives an atrocious performance here as the endangered teen, and if she keeps doing movies like this, her career will surely end. Just skip this one. I have nothing more to say.

1 Comments:

At 8:23 PM , Blogger W. said...

Agreed completely.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home