Thursday, January 26, 2006

NBC's Thursday Night Line-Up

Just recently, NBC decided to renovate their once-famous Thursday night line-up, and I have to say, they've done an excellent job.

One new show, Four Kings, concerns four young men (Seth Green, Josh Cooke, Todd Grinnell, Shane McRae) who move into an apartment one inherited from his recently-deceased grandmother. This is a great sitcom. I would even call it the new Friends. It airs at 8:30 p.m.

Another great sitcom this season is My Name is Earl, about an ex-crook (Jason Lee) who is trying to make up for all the bad things he's done with the help of his dimwitted brother (Ethan Suplee). I'm a huge fan of Jason Lee, and this series really shows what the man can do. Here's hoping they can get Kevin Smith for a guest-starring spot sometime. It airs at 9:00 p.m.


Rounding out the line-up is another great sitcom called The Office, based on the British television series. The many zany characters include the boss, Michael Scott (Steve Carell), butt-kissing Dwight (Rainn Wilson), bored Jim (John Krasinski), receptionist Pam (Jenna Fischer), and indifferent Ryan (B.J. Novak). Steve Carell won me over with his performances in Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy and The 40 Year Old Virgin, and this series makes me like the guy even more. A real winner, this one. It airs at 9:30 p.m.

I commend NBC for choosing these three great shows to air on their biggest night of the week. I hope they all have a long life on TV.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home