Tuesday, February 21, 2006

My Big Fat Independent Movie

Doing a blog about Memento a couple of days ago reminded me of another movie I've seen recently. It's the lowbrow comedy for the highbrow crowd. In the vein of Airplane and Scary Movie comes My Big Fat Independent Movie, a send-up of several recent independent films like Pulp Fiction, Clerks, Swingers, Memento and more! Ever since hearing about it and seeing the trailer, I was psyched (not only because it spoofed movies I love, but also I would get to see the weasel Pauly Shore get his head blown off). Most would think it's a lot of juvenile gay and fart jokes packed into 90 minutes...and they're right. But it's still a good movie and I give it 4/5. I should also note that I purchased the two-disc unrated DVD, which is only available at Best Buy stores for the time being. The single-disc rated edition is available everywhere though, so you can still see it (albeit an inferior version).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home