Sunday, March 05, 2006

Academy Awards 2006

Well, another Oscar ceremony has gone by us. I did live coverage of it here on the blog tonight, but have since deleted it because it was very sloppily-done. Regardless, I still have some thoughts. As everyone knows, Jon Stewart was this year's host and, just as I expected, he wasn't very good. He had some funny quips, but nothing special. Celebrities like Tom Hanks and Ben Stiller participated in hilarious on-stage gags. It was a night filled with surprises, the biggest one being underdog Crash's Best Picture win over the supposed favorite, Brokeback Mountain. For a full list of the nominees and winners, click here! And for a great thirty-second bunny re-enactment of Brokeback Mountain, click here!

4 Comments:

At 11:49 PM , Blogger Aidan said...

Cool form of coverage. And I completely agree about how Conan O'Brien should have hosted.

 
At 11:39 AM , Blogger W. said...

Conan O'Brien would have been the best host in the history of the Oscars! He would be even better than Billy Crystal (my current favorite)! And everyone knows we all want to see him do the string dance live at the Oscars!

I'll probably do coverage different next year, if at all.

 
At 8:28 PM , Blogger Fitz said...

I actually love Jon Stewart (but not in a Brokeback kind of way) but that's just me. I'm happy that Crash won though I really liked Munich and though maybe it did not deserve best pic my personal favorite was Good Night and Good luck.

 
At 9:15 PM , Blogger W. said...

I like Stewart too, but everybody except Conan is going to disappoint me after seeing Billy Crystal host.

Tuesday can't come fast enough, I'm dying to see Good Night and Good Luck!

Did you see Brokeback?? I didn't get to.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home