Saturday, January 21, 2006

Entering Into Paradise

My name is Will Penley.

2005 was a crazy year in more ways than one. Throughout the course of the year, I started, ran, and then shut down a website, set my own personal record for moviegoing, and began work on a screenplay that will become my first feature film.

It seems I'm always starting some kind of new project, whether it be a new screenplay, a website, or a blog of some kind. I can never settle on just one thing. And now that's all going to change. I've now made the decision to focus all my creative energy onto my new blog, Reel Paradise, and my screenplay, The Exit Doors (more on that later). So in 2006 there will be no more crazy jumping around projects for me!

But why Reel Paradise? Well, all my life, I've loved the movies. Movies have always fascinated me, taking me to places I'd never been before, whether it be outer space, the sea, Hollywood, Jupiter and Beyond the Infinite, and so on. Therefore, the main focus of this blog will be movies.

Over the course of this blog, you can expect to find information on my various filmmaking endeavors and my own thoughts and ruminations on film in general. Additionally, you can look forward to reading my reviews of the various movies I see, all of which shall be from the average moviegoer's point of view instead of in the overly-long and complicated Ebert-style that so many critics use.

Though that's not to say I don't respect Roger Ebert.

Well, I believe that just about covers the introduction. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you'll return to catch future entries! Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home